Wednesday, March 30, 2011

something new...

Well, I know it's been a while...but hopefully it was worth the wait...I finally have some new art to post.  I signed up for Christy Tomlinson's She Art Workshop and then promptly became really sick.  The workshop lasted 3 weeks and I missed it all.  Luckily she is leaving the videos up for 3 months so I can still catch up.  This week I watched week one videos.  I didn't go really crazy on the background as she shows for two reason.  One:  I was really conservative on the rub ons and stamps I bought, not knowing how easy they would be to use.  Two:  I was scared to over do it.  So, I have ordered some more rub ons and stamps because I love using them.  I'm still afaid to over do it, but if I do, oh well...
So this is what I created.  It is in honor of my sister, Denise.  She loved butterflies, ladybugs and the color purple.  I like it, although it doesn't feel quite "finished". 
 This is the far view...

This is the close-up view...
I have many ideas for more girls...I need to buy more canvases!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo