Thursday, January 13, 2011

stalling...

My journal came yesterday from Amazon and it NOTHING like I thought it was.  I went back and looked at the description and the picture they show is not what I got.  They told me to send it back and they'll pay shipping.  I have decided to just use a spiral notebook I have here at the house.  I was thinking about it and I am REALLY new to art journaling.  I think I will be more comfortable just writing out the prompts and my responses and not worry about using paints and things.  If I want to decorate the pages, I can use colored pencils or markers or stickers or whatever!!  It is all good.
I think I was making such a big deal out of the journal because I was scared to start...after all, that is the meat of the project...getting inside your head and your heart and fixing all the negative thoughts.  It terrifies me!!!   I know it must be done...so I will suck it up and I commit to writing 2 journaling prompts tonight before I go to bed...

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Thanks for coming by my blog too. I find you can use any thing as an art journal. Even an old book Just paint over the words or draw past, paint and include the print in your work. I have been doing most of mine virtually with a photo shop and paint program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your journal. Your notebook will be magically perfect once you start painting,writing,glueing. Thank-you for your kind comments on my blog.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo