Friday, January 07, 2011

Restoring my soul...

Starting on January 11th...I will participating in an online class called
"SOUL RESTORATION"
It is taught by Melody Ross from Brave Girls.
I am soo excited for this to start.  I have already met some wonderful women who will also be taking the class and my wonderfully talented friend, Bonnie Rose is also taking it.
The main reason I signed up was the promise to find myself again.
We are all defined by our circumstances.  As women we are "wife, mother, daughter, sister, boss, employee,married, widowed, divorced, etc."
I have been all of these things. (except the last two...)
Now I am" in mourning. "
My soul is tired of this.  I have been "in mourning" for 4 years.
Some people think that i am not giving my Daddy the respect he desrves because I am ready to move on and it has only been 6 months since he passed.
I have NOTHING but respect for my Father.  
I feel like I can move on because I know he is happy again,  he is with my sister and my Mother and his mother.
The year and a half that he was here without my mother was soo terribly hard on him.   He had lost his soulmate, his heart, his reason for living.  I understand that.
They are together and it is time for me to move on.
My Mother would LOVE that I am taking this course.  She always supported us in any artistic endevour (sp) we undertook.  My Mother was great at stuff like that.  She could sew, paint, knit, crochet, quilt, and loved plactic canvas.  She taught me how to embroider and cross stich.
I love all the labels I have...Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sisiter...
I just want to add another one...
EVELYN.
ME.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Evelyn,
    This course sounds awesome I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes. I'm sorry about your losses, It was meant to be that I found your blog. I lost my mom in April and my dad a couple years ago.
    Thank-you for your kind comments on my blog.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evelyn.. I'm so excited to start with you tomorrow! hugs bonnierose

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo