Monday, January 03, 2011

Creative Every Day

So the start of the new year has been a crazy one!!  This weekend was very hectic, but now Monday has returned and so has the routine...

Here are the pics for Creative Every Day...
This is Jan. 1st.  I did a background of watercolors, used some white gesso to make a pattern and added a graphic from The Graphic's Fairy website.  Had to stop there to let everything dry.
This was how I finished it on Jan. 2nd.  Wrote down my commitments for this year...and added some color to some of the pattern.  I also Mod Podged the graphic down.

In all honesty, I'm not really happy with it, but it's because to me, it looks like a kid could have done it.
Then I remember, I have only been using some of these tecniques for a very short time, less than 2 months...so in a way, I am a kid when it comes to this. 
The journal is to practce in and learn, so I guess it's OK.
I also do most of my painting late at night, so I might get a bit sloppy at times...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Evelyn,
    Your journal is great, I love the purple with the gesso snowflake thingys. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo