Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Another Christmas...

I hope everyone had a great Christmas.  Mine was very nice.  Christmas Eve was spent baking chocolate chip cookies, making tamales, cleaning the house and getting ready for Christmas day.
Christmas morning, I got up at 5:30...I guess the excitement for the day to begin never really goes away.  I spent a few moments in prayer, thanking God for his Son, Saying "hello" to my family, telling them how much I missed them but how I was glad they were together and giving thanks for my many blessings.
This year has been hard.  Horribly hard.  The kind of hard I didn't think I could live thru.
BUT I DID.
I'm not sure what all of this was supposed to teach me yet, but I am on a mission to find out.

My little family arrived about 11:30.  We had a brunch of tamales and homemade green salsa, homemade corn and blueberry muffins, cookies, and little fresh mandarin oranges.
Everything was YUMMY, if I do say so myself...
We went to my niece's home at 1:00 pm.  Sat and talked with the family, watched the Laker's get CREAMED...the male members of the family were not happy...then we ate dinner.
Joanna had fixed ham, tamales, macaroni salad, potato salad, apples, cucumbers, and baked beans.  I made sweet potatos and Bobbi Sue made deviled eggs. 
IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!!

I was pretty good food-wise.  I had a little of everything...and did not eat till stuffed...
Then we opened presents...everyone made out very well.  We recieved picture frames, a calender with angels on it, and a gift card to chilis.

Then we came back home and opened our presents...
again, I was very blessed...
Hubby got me diamond earrings, an electronic sudoku game, and a jewelry box.  My son and DIL got me a toaster oven and a digital picture frame.  My baby Rosie got me a dolphin bracelet and "Drop Dead Diva" on dvd.

Now by time we were done it was like 11:00pm.  Baby Rosie was sitting in her new Mickey Mouse chair and was over the present thing...haha.  She just wanted to go to sleep...poor baby...
Reading this back, it seems so very hectic, but it really wasn't.  We just did things as they came, there was no rush.  We did get a little concerned that Rosie would fall asleep, but she was a trooper...she held up till the end.
All in all, it was a very nice day...it was nice to spend time with family, to remember those who weren't with us for one reason or another, (trips, other obligations, etc.) and watch the kids and their excitement...it was just what the DR. ordered.
I Hope your celebrations were just as happy and blessed as ours...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo