Friday, November 19, 2010

a little rant...

In every marriage more than a week old, there are grounds for divorce. The trick is to find, and continue to find, grounds for marriage.


Robert Anderson

This is where I'm at today...I'm not going to go into a lot of details, but sufice it to say that today looking for "grounds for marriage" is going to be a little difficult.  I know that all couples have their ups and downs, and I'm not stupid, I know that everyday isn't going to be a fairy tale, but these last couple of months have really been trying for me and all I really need is a little patience and a little understanding.  He thinks that everything should be "normal" now...that after 4 months, I should be over my grief...that I should just "shake it off" when those sad moments happen.  I try...I really do...but I'm a very emotional person.  I cry at tv commercials, for cripe's sake...
 
I know that grief takes time.  He thinks if we just act like nothing happened, life will go back to normal.  He doesn't get that for me...life will never be "normal" again.  Maybe he does know that and it freaks him out??  I don't know cause he won't talk about it. 
 
I just keep hoping that when we sell the house in Fullerton, it will feel like closure and we can start working on our own lives again...

1 comment:

  1. Evelyn
    My best wishes. Take care, Ev

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo