Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Art Every Day...days 2 and 3


This is my project for day 2 of AEDM.  It is a picture of my sister, my mother and myself from about 20 years ago.  It was my Mother's 50th birthday.  I love this picture because we were so happy that day and we are all so young!!  I look at it and can NOT believe that it was 20 years ago...it really feels like last week.
The page itself is pretty simple.  A watercolor background, a picture of us, some heart stickers, and my writing.
This is day 3.  The quote in the star is this: "If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life,your tears will prevent you from seeing the sun."
I LOVE this quote.  I feel like I am finally starting to see the sun again, even with the passing of my Father this June.  The grief I feel from his passing is more intense than from the others, but it is not present all the time like the others.  It is also different cause I know they are all together, and I have 4 AWESOME guardian angels!!
This page is a mask...I taped a chipboard star to the page and then did a watercolor wash.  Take off the star to reveal the journaling space.  Added some star and a butterfly stickers and some bling to jazz it up.

1 comment:

  1. You are making some really special family heirlooms! I made a recipe/scrapbook last year during AEDM. I gave it to my Mom for Christmas and she cried when she saw the page about her mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo