Monday, November 01, 2010

Art Every Day~~Day One~~

This is my entry for the first day of Art Every Day month.  It is a page for my art journal.  I am seriously thinking about doing a canvas some what in this style and wanted to try it out first. 
It is a picture of my beautiful Mother, Rose, taken about 7 months before she passed.  The background is a watercolor wash, purple and blue.  I added some blingy rinestones to simulate stars, added a crown, cause she was and always will be my Queen Mother, and wrote down some words that capture her spirit.  "Family", "Laughter", "Respect"
I like the way it turned out...may make some changes for a canvas, but all in all, I like it.
I hope you all do too...

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Art Every Day Month is going to be so much fun...glad to be in the same boat with so many creative people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would really make a wonderful canvas. What a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful way to remember your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very meaningful, beautiful way to start AED!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo