Thursday, November 04, 2010

30 days of Gratitude--day 4

Today is my wedding anniversay.  I have had the good fortune to be married to this man for 27 years now.  He is who I am thankful for today...
I met him when I was 16 and although I didn't fall immediately, he kind of found his way to my heart.  He put up with a lot of questions and doubt from my parents who were not thrilled that their 16 yr old had a boyfriend who was 24, but he stuck it out.
We are different in so many ways, and the road has been a bit rocky, even now, but we try to work through the bad and have even had mini seperations.  Sometimes the best thing you can do for someone is give them time to breathe.
Today, on my 27th anniversary I am thankful for the home he has provided, the strenghth he has given me, especially these last couple of years, and the things he has taught me about life and love.

3 comments:

  1. as they say, a good man is oh so hard to find.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blanca Rubio5:24 PM

    hola evelyn me encanto tu blog y sobre todo que estas festejando tus 27 yrs de aniversario felicidades, y ya sabes siempre contigo en las buenas y en las poco y sabes oi toda tu musica, me encanto!!! sobre todo la de pitbull♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really do make me think with your days of gratitude and I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo