Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sometimes life is too hard...

Daddy passed away yesterday in the nursing home.  This time I feel a sense of relief...he isn't suffering anymore.  I don't think he was in any pain, the hospital and the nursing home seemed to understand that that was a priority, but I know those last couple of days he didn't understand what was going on.  He seemed scared.  I also feel badly that I left before he passed.  That he was alone.  The thing that makes me feel better is that Denise and Mommy and his Mother were waiting for him. 

I'm going to miss him terribly.  I wrote once that it was ironic that he and I were the two left because we had the least in common.  I was much closer to my Mom and he was closer to Denise, but now I understand why this happened.  I got to know him a lot better and I was blessed to have that time with him.  Of course, I wish I'd been able to spend more time with him, I wish that I had lived closer to him so I could just go over when ever I felt like it, but in the end, I know he knew that I went over when ever I could, he was OK with that.

In about an hour we have to go make the final arrangement.  I know more or less what i want for the memorial service so it won't be too hard.  The sucky thing is I know everything they are going to ask about having done this so many times before.  This had better be the last one for QUITE a while!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo