Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hope springs eternal...

I got to talk to all of the Dr.'s today...
A) Kidney Dr.~~ Kidney's are doing well, not up to 100% yet, but everyday is an improvement, so no dialysis for now...
B) Surgeon~~ his incisions are healing well, took out a drainage tube, still can not hear any bowel sounds, so we don't know if the surgury was a success or not.  He will give it a couple of more days...
C) Cardiologist~~ Has nothing to add to all of this...(He literally said that too me...not big on bedside manner this one...)
D) Pulmonary Dr.~~ His lungs sound a little clearer, he takes little breathes on his own.  He can be on the respirator for 2 or 3 weeks, not the 10 days that the other Dr. said.  He thinks that trying to ween him off of the respirator before the begining of next week is not possible...
E) ICU Dr.~~ His prognosis is not good.  He had what is called Askeemic (sp?) bowel.  The blood clot blocked the flow of oxygen to his bowels causing them to die.  He said more people do not recover from this than do, and we add in the complication that my Dad's heartbeat is begining to become irregular, so his heart may fail.  I need to be prepared for the worst, but he said that he (Daddy) was a tough old guy and as long as he was fighting, they would do everything in their power to make him better.  I had to go out in the hall to keep myself from kissing this guy!!  (He gets the "A" in bedside manner, although pulmonary Dr. was  a close second...)

I am still staying out in Fullerton, coming home for a couple of hours every other day or so to wash dishes, and clean up a little for Hubby and Rosie...and to check the computer...I bought a HP netbook, but I have to go to Barnes and Noble to use their free WiFi and that's getting expensive...I keep looking and buying more books, LOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo