Sunday, June 13, 2010

Daddy

My Daddy is in the hospital and not expected to make it out.  I can not believe this turn of events.  Monday I was talking to him on the phone and he was in such good spirits and so excited cause he had gotten Tommy LaSorda's autograph last week.  Now, he's in the hospital, fighting for his life. 

I am sitting here in the kitchen of my Dad's house, watching the girls across the street playing out front.  There are six or seven of them, laughing and playing.  It feels like yesterday that it was Densie and me, Carol and Ann, Kim, John and Ben out there playing.  This neighborhood is so Main Street.  I've had neighbors come and ask about my Dad, it is nice to know that so many people here love him and look out for him.

So, my Dad has had two operations.  The first one took out blood clots blocking his arteries.  The second took out 4 feet of small intestine, some large intestine, his gall bladder, his apendicts, and they had to repair a hole in one of the arteries going to his heart.  He is on a respirator and has at least 5 iv's.  The surgeon was not optimistic in his prognosis.  If anything else goes wrong, there is really no reason to go back in, there;s nothing left to do.  Right now he's been on sedation since Friday night.  Yesterday they tried to take him off, but he got very agitated, so they started it up again.  They will try again tomorrow.  I plan at being at the hospital around 8 am, hopefully I can see the Dr. 

I am so tired, so scared, so ready to hear some good news.  It is nice to know so many people are praying for him and keeping him in their thoughts.  We can use a miracle right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo