Thursday, March 04, 2010

Thursday Thirteen

So today is Thursday and I'm gonna try another Thursday Thirteen.  If I did it right, you can click on the title and it will take you to the home page...

My Thirteen this week will be my goals and dreams.  I often think about things I want to do in the future...and now I think i may be dreaming my life away.  This list will help me define my dreams and give me a good starting point to work from...


1)To have a beach home.  It can be anywhere, although I am partial to California...but I love the thought of waking up on the beach, taking a stroll, collecting sea glass and shells, hearing the gulls and smelling the sea. 

2)To have some of my scrapbooking published.  I'm not ready yet, but I am excited about new ideas and learning new ways to express myself. 

3)To Travel.  It would be heaven to be able to take a year and just go where ever I wanted.  Paris, Dublin, Madrid, Mexico City, Montreal, Tokoyo, London, and where ever else I wanted. 

4)To visit all 50 states.  I think that would be awesome!!!To see the different people and cultures that make this country great!!

5)To write a book of original poetry.  I love poems and I love writing them.  Again, I'm not very good...but that's because I don't practice a lot. 

6)To swim with dolphins.  This is a big dream of mine.  It seems to me it would be a magical experience...to swim and play with these beautiful and intelligent animals.

7)To change professions.  I really hate my job.  I want a career, not a 9-5 that I hate.  The problem is I'm not trained to do anything and times is a ticking...

8)To have a lot of animals.  I have one cat, but I would love to have more and dogs and fish and whatever.  I love animals.

9)To learn another language.  I know Spanish, but that was a neccesity, I want to learn French or Mandarin, just because.

10)To learn to be more social.  I would like to have lots of friends, hang out at coffee shops or go to the movies, but I am not very good at making friends.  I am shy and self-concious.  I don't like being out of my comfort zone.

11)To do a 10K walk.  Believe it or not, I would really like to do one of the walks for diabetes or heart disease to honor my sister. 

12)To make a difference.  I want to make a difference in the life of someone, anyone.  To teach them something, or give encouragement, or just be a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen.

13)I want to be comfortable in my own skin.  I want to put me first sometimes and not beat myself up for being selfish.  I want to be me and not be ashamed or embarrassed.  I want to like me.

So there we are.  Some are doable, some are fantasies, and some will help me become the person I want to be...

1 comment:

  1. having a beach home is a big dream of mine too.. just like you! xo.. hey.. where are those cards u were gonna make gf?? I'm anxious to see them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo