Saturday, March 13, 2010

Insulation

Today we are starting renovations at the homestead.  We decided it was time to put in some insulation.  We are going to take down the inside front wall, put in the insulation, put on new drywall, and paint.  We are hoping that this will only take 2 days.  I don't know.  (and the "we" in this is the emperial "we".  I don't know nuthin bout no drywalling, lol)  I moved and covered the furniture, took everything off the walls and washed the wall, so I did do something.

Hopefully the insulation will help in 2 ways.  1) bring down our electric bill in the summer and 2) keep some of the air-conditioning inside.  The way our house is built, the sun shines down on it almost all day, starting in the front.  It is hotter than you-know-what in the summer!!  I'm getting old and with hot flashes around the corner, I don't know how much I can take, LOL.

That's about all that's going on here...another fun-filled weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo