Tuesday, March 02, 2010

A Few Randoms...

Just wanted to put down a couple of random things that have been on my mind.  I have a tendency to walk around with things in my head, and then later when I need/want to remember something...poof...it's gone!!  Maybe it's a sign of getting old, LOL...

1)  I LOVE the song *Paparazzi* by Lady Gaga.  I actually like alot of her songs, as long as I don't have to watch the video.  I understand artistic expression, but she's a little over the top for me.  Her music, on the other hand, is GREAT!!  I like *Paparazzi* the best so far, it seems more musical to me, if that makes any sense.

2)  I heard this quote the other day and have not been able to get it out of my mind.  "One should eat to live, not live to eat."  Ben Franklin.  This is SUCH a simple concept.  From the revolutionary times.  OVER 200 years ago.  It amazes me for 2 reasons.  One, in 1776 (or about then) people were concerned with their weight!!  Did Ben think he was a fatty?  Was Mrs. Ben telling him to get up off of his fat ass and do some exercises for the love of the King??  Or, did Ben know in roughly 200 years, the country that he and his fellow revolutionaries fought so hard for would be the most obese on the planet and he was trying to circumvent history???
The second reason I am fascinated by this quote is it's simplicity.  "EAT TO LIVE...DON'T LIVE TO EAT."  This is something that should go home with all newborn babies from the hospital.  Every person on the planet should use this as their mantra.  Don't get bogged down in "What's for dinner?"  or "Who's making dessert?".  Think about things like "I can take carrot sticks with me when I go for that hike."  or "let's have some water instead of that sugar-laden soda while we run around the basketball court."  It needs to start young.  I can not tell you the next time I will walk around the park with my Granddaughter...but I CAN tell you the next time I am going to Hometown Buffet!  So Sad!!

3)  I have found some very interesting blogs about art journaling.  I have expressed an interest in this before, but I think I'm ready to get my feet wet.  Lately I have not been feeling the scrapping mojo, but the thought of doing some kind of art journaling really excites me.  I'm sure I'll get my mojo back eventually, but in the meantime, I think I'm going to try it out.  I am not an artist by ANY stretch of the imagination, but I'd like to see what I can put together.  Just writing in a journal is getting boring to me, but jazzing it up a little make perfect sense.  We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo