Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Why I love Target...

Today I had the whole day to myself...slept a little later, went shopping, and generally just laid around the house. Nothing really exciting.

I went to Target. I LOVE Target, lol...lucky that there is a Target 10 minutes from my house, LOL. I was able to skip a trip to the grocery store, the video store, the book store and the pet store. Was able to get it all there. I bought the neccesities, laundry soap, tp, some x-mas smelling candles and trash bags. Also got stuff for the cat, kitty litter, food and a new toy. Then it was "me" shopping. I bought the dvd UP, the GLEE cd, the Hungry Girl book, a computer game, 2 pairs of really cute x-mas socks, a light-up penguin for outside, and some penguin hand towels. Oh, and 2 magazines. All for under $100.00. EVERYTHING was on sale!!! That is why I LOVE Target!!!!! Sometimes I think it would be great to work there, but then I think I'd just spend my whole check there...

I also decided 2 days ago to begin some sort of health improvement plan. Sunday I fell down in the front yard. HARD!!! I am still sore from it and I have a huge bruise on my elbow. I know it is time. I'm not doing a "diet" per say. I know enough to know that being "on a diet" won't work for me. So I am taking the best of several plans that I have used in the past and kinda putting my own plan together. More fresh fruits and veggies. Only good carbs, no more white stuff. No soda. 8 glasses of water a day. I also decided to not use artificial sweeteners. If I need sweet (like for tea) I will just use sugar, only in moderation. I go to the DR. next week so I will talk exercise then. For right now, I am just doing some walking around the house and yard and I am looking into chair exercises. That is something I was starting to explore the last time I fell off the wagon. Bottom line is I need someting doable for me, if I am gonna stick to it. Wish me luck...

1 comment:

  1. I think you and I are on the same page with our food. I'm rejoining WW online today (I hope--I'm doing through work to use my flex dollars so it may be difficult).

    I don't know why I don't think I can do this or that it seems impossible but I do at times. There's also the self-esteem part...what do I deserve? Good luck today and yes, I like Target a lot too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo