Monday, September 14, 2009

cards and things

Some things I worked on this week:


This is the first ever card I have made. I cheated a little bit cause the white part of the card is a pre-made 4x6 notecard I found at walmart and I just added the decorations. The background paper is DCWV and it already has the adhesive on the back, I LOVE that, the accent papers are also DCWV, blossoms and butterflies colection and the butterfly I believe is KC and Co. I really liked how all the elements just came together...of course, I know I need loys of practice, but for a first attempt, I'm pretty proud of myself...
This is a layout of my Mom and me, the picture was taken on her 50th birthday, about 15 years ago. You can tell it's old, we both look like babies, LOL. It is one of the few pictures I have of us together. The paper is the new Prima, it is already sewn, and I LOVE it!! I wrote her a little note, I've been missing her a lot lately, but I WILL be alright! The roses are Martha Stewart, from walmart also.

Just a little side note here...don't be afraid of the camera. I know because I am fat, I really don't like my picture taken, but now, as I look for pictures with my loved ones, they don't exsist and that breaks my heart. In the long-run, it doesn't matter how someone looks, just that you have the memory of the time you spent together.

2 comments:

  1. Evelyn - Both the card and the page are great! The page gave me a lump in my throat, cause I miss my mom a lot too. She passed away in 2002. So many things have happened since then - my kids are all growing up and I'd love her to see them. And thanks for the advice on the pictures - I don't like the way I look either, but for the future generations. I should keep taking pics of myself. Hugs! -Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card too! They're awesome. I love the photo of you and your mom.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo