Thursday, May 07, 2009

Back to the land of the living...

It has been over 2 months since I last wrote anything here. I decided to take a self-imposed hiatus. No blogging, no scrapbooking, no dieting. I would re-read my posts and they were extremely depressing. All the same, whining and crying cause things weren't going my way. It made me very sad. I decided I needed a break. I really did. Things have changed since I was last here. Some for the better, some for the worse. The main thing is I now feel more equiped to handle the bad with the good.


The biggest change is I am now a grandma!!! My beautiful granddaughter, Rosie, was born March 23, 2009.



She is such a joy. Her full name is Rosalyn Marie and I couldn't be happier. I already out in my order for another one, haha.

Another thing that has changed is that I have stepped down from my position at work. A couple of things lead to this decision. The biggest one was my health. The staph infection on my leg got so bad, at one point the Dr. SERIOUSLY considered cutting away 1/2 my leg. I knew that as long as I was in charge of the store, I would not get the treatment I would need. I would be worrying about what was happening while I wasn't there. The other reasons include not wanting all the responsibility anymore and needing to spend more time with my Dad and my Rosie. I don't need to be working all the time anymore. I have been on medical leave since April 14, and don't expect to go back until at least June. Thank God for disability. As of this moment I am not assigned to a store, when I go back, I'll probably work nights. I'm more of a night person anyway...

I have also done some scrapbooking in the last day or two. I had seriously lost my "mojo", but I think it's back!! Now that I have this beautiful little girl to scrap, how could it not be?


Well, I think that's enough for now. Don't want to over-do-it right off the bat. I'm happy to be back and like the new positive vibe I've got going...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:17 AM

    Welcome back. I've missed your musings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo