Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Mom

My Mom is in the hospital again. She got out last week after having the difibulator put in and the pnuemonia under control. Now she can't walk. They checked her for a stroke, and thankfully, she hadn't had one. Now they are talking about putting her in a rehab facility to help her get the strength back in her legs. I sit up at night and worry about the future. I know that is pointless, what will be will be, as the song says, but I worry all the same. I will have to quit my job to help look after them. I will probably have to move closer to them. I will be strapped for money as we have made no financial plans for this eventuality. I thought Denise would be here to pick up most of the slack. How selfish of me to assume she would do most of the work. After Denise passed I assumed Kathy would be around to help. Now she has her own serious health battle to fight. I am not assuming anymore. (It seems to be dangerous for the assumee...) It will be up to me and me alone. I don't know if I am strong enough for this.

Tim Russert died this weekend of an apparent sudden heart atack. I LOVED Tim Russert. Sunday mornings will not be the same without him. Prayers to his family. There is a link to the heart association on my page. Heart disease is the number one killer of people. This is how Denise died. Denise was 34. Tim Russert was 58. This is taking young vibrant people. People who we need more of here on earth. Please take care of yourselves. (NOTE TO SELF: This means YOU too...)

I also posted some pics of my garden amd the ginormous zucchini we grew. The link is also at the side of the blog, if interested.

It's good to be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo