Friday, January 11, 2008

Catching up...

I have been sick. I caught some super-bug that will not go away!! Now the Dr. thinks it's allergies. It's hard to be confident in your healthcare worker when this is the THIRD diagnosis for your illness. I also get to go and have a biopsy done on my cellulitis. FUN!!! Like my leg doesn't hurt enough!!

ANYWAY, enough whining. It's time to catch up on the last couple of weeks.

First, I'd like to share a quote I came across.
One of the greatest weaknesses in most of us is our lack of faith in ourselves.
L. Tom Perry.
I was looking at quotes to find some motivation for the healthy eating. This certainly strikes a nerve. Most of the time when I start on a healthy eating plan, I am already thinking ahead to the time when I am gonna blow it. Will it be eating chocolate or just too much eating? Will I mess up today or will I make it till tomorrow? Am I gonna avoid my friends cause I am embarrassed that I couldn't do it AGAIN, or will I just not say anything so no one will know I failed? I need to find some faith. I need to know that I can do this!! I need to believe in myself.


This is a picture my son took yesterday while I was scrapbooking my Disney album. (you can check out my webshots link at the side to see it.) He didn't believe me when I told him that my cat Daisy will always sit on the desk when I am doing my scrapbooking. I usually have a soft towel for her to lay on, but yesterday she picked the felt christmas bag. I think it is hilarious!!

My healthy eating plan is going alright. I am not completely on track, as when I am sick, I crave comfort foods, but I haven't gone crazy. I have stuck to my one small healthy thing a day and I am proud of that. This week I was concentrating on eating breakfast, which I never do cause I'd have to get up 20 min. early, and doing at least 10 min. of exercise a day. I have done this everyday except yesterday I had no exercise. I was told that you need a rest day, so that's what I'm calling yesterday.

I think that is all for now, I have to get ready to go to the DR. Wish me luck...

1 comment:

  1. Your kitty is so sweet and so tiny. She doesn't seem to take up much space at all.

    I'm so sorry that you are having so many problems. You're not whining--you just don't feel well.

    It's a great quote but I think you should not be so hard on yourself. I was listening to a podcast with Jillian and Bob from the Biggest Loser. Bob said, "If you can be healthy 80% of the time, you're doing great." So just strive for whatever percentage you can do and remember those and build up on them.

    I hope you get some good news/treatment at the doctor's.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo