Thursday, January 31, 2008

being a turtle



I saw this today and my first reaction was laughter. Then I started thinking about it and I cried. I like to be safe. I don't like change, I don't like taking chances, I don't like doing things differently. I convince myself if I don't rock the boat, everything is fine. Well, It's not.

Today I am going to have to go to urgent care cause the cellulitis on my leg is not getting any better and it hurts like a b#$%#. When I had it before, I swore I would start exercising, I would lose weight, I'd control my sugar intake, I would not let this happen again. Well, here we are and I'm no better. What is wrong with me that i can't do what needs to be done? I know I would feel better. I know I would enjoy life more. I know that I would be happier with myself.

I need to be a turtle. I need to be responsible for me. I need to change it up, no matter how uncomfortable that will be.

Hopefully all will go well tonight. Last time the cellulitis was bad, I was in the hospital for 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo