Sunday, November 25, 2007

The weekend is over...


This has been a very eventful weekend. I am tired, but in a good way. I will do a little run down on how things went.
Thursday was Thanksgiving. It was also one year since Denise passed. We decided to do our own things this year, and I am glad. I wasn't as sad as I thought I would be, but it was good to not have to put on a show for anyone. I reflected on this day and came up with the things I am thankful for. I am thankful for the time I had with my wonderful, funny, generous sister. My world would not have been the same without her to help teach me unconditional love and giving. I am thankful that I have such good and funny memories of her and of us that I will never forget. I am thankful for my wonderful friends and family who put up with my moods and sadness and try to comfort me in this most bleak period of my life. I would not have made it without you. I am thankful for discovering the *blogging* world. I seriously thought I would lose my mind at times if not for the knowledge that I could come here or Myspace and put it into words and maybe someone would understand how I felt.
Friday was hubby's 50th birthday. We decided to celebrate at CLAIM JUMPERS. He loves this place and the food is delish, so we went there. It was us, my son and girlfriend, my parents and a family friend, Kathy. Food was great and the server even brought out a piece of cake discreetly for hubby. He did not want a big production made of it!! It was a lot of fun.
Saturday was my nephew's wedding. He married a wonderful girl and they seem to truly love and respect each other. The picture above is from the wedding. My son's gf, me, my son, and hubby. It was a very nice evening. Family and friends I haven't seen in a while were there, the music was good, the food was great, and I really enjoyed myself.
Today I just rested, got the fridge cleaned out for a shopping trip tomorrow, and thought about how lucky I am. It may be time to start living again instead of just exsisting.

2 comments:

  1. You look so pretty! (I love your blouse!) Your whole family is quite handsome. I'm glad you are feeling better. Trust me, you will never forget someone as important as Denise but you're right to remember the good and wonderful things about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lori about how pretty you are.

    Such a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo