Monday, November 19, 2007

Manic Monday...

I hate Mondays for a variety of reasons. I have to get up REALLY early to do inventory. There is way to much paper work to do. Monday's crew is not the cream of the crop. Supervisors are on my butt ALL day. School is super busy, so we are super busy. I always feel like I wasted my Sunday.

I keep telling myself all I have to do is get through 2 more days, then a mini-break. I am taking the weekend off. Not for the holiday, but because we have hit the 1 year mark since my sister passed. November 22. This year that happens to be Thanksgiving. We have decided to do our own thing this year. I think I'm going to go to the beach in the morning, just to be alone. Denise was cremated, so there is no gravesite to go to. I have some of her ashes, but I'd like to *go* somewhere and feel her. We loved the beach, so I will try that.

I have no doubt this is going to be a rough week, but I am trying to hang on.

On the positive eating front, I did some shopping and now have some fruits and veggies in the house, some crystal light, cottage cheese, and some whole wheat pasta. I'm going to start slow, phase out the sodas, and try to stay out of the drive thru. I was thinking of getting a crock pot too, so I could have food waiting at the end of the day.

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful I had 34 wonderful years with my beautiful little sister and that she is now an angel looking out for me and my family.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you got through the week and the anniversary. Anniversaries are tough. The important thing is to remember the good times and find inspiration in your sister's life. If it means taking care of yourself, do that. I'm glad you're phasing things in slowly. Sometimes an abrupt change is successful but slowly is also good, especially for life-altering changes.

    If you don't like the whole wheat, try the new Ronzoni pasta. It's not whole wheat but it has way more fiber.

    Think about some alternatives for when you go through the drive-thru. I really loved the Southwest Salad that McD's had. There's always the baked potato at Wendy's and a cup of chili is only 4 points. (I realize I'm doing WW which may be different that what you're doing. So your mileage may vary.) If you want, you can email me for any suggestions.

    Be good to yourself. **hugs**

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo