Saturday, October 20, 2007

So you think you can dance?

I admit I get inspiration from weird places. Milk ads, Angelina Jolie, and now silly reality tv shows. I am flipping channels right now and come across this show, "So you think you can dance?" on MTV. It is the elimination part. The judge asks a contestent who is on the block how much effort did he put into his solo. The contestant answers zero. The judge tells him to step back and the audience boos. The judge turns around and looks at the audience and says how can you boo? This man is fighting for his life on this show and put ZERO effort into his solo. A man fighting for his life can not put in ZERO effort and expect positive results. When you are fighting for your life you practice and work and endure until you are safe. Needless to say, he was booted off the show.

So how much work did I put into eating healthy and changing my self-loathing issues this week? ZERO!! I did nothing to instill some positive changes, did nothing to promote good eating, did nothing to prepare for emergency situations, did no exercise, nothing. How can I expect life changes if I put ZERO effort into making the changes?

3 comments:

  1. You know, I have to give that guy credit for being totally honest about his "effort." I love what the judge said -- it's awesome.

    Oh Evelyn, it's hard to change overnight from being self-loathing, good eating, etc. But you're right, we have to do a little something. Just remember that -- a little something is better than nothing. (Don't dismiss your efforts is what I'm saying.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:43 AM

    WOW! Was that me, or what? Thanks for sharing that little shove towards rational thinking. I've been doing nothing and congratulating myself that I haven't gained, instead of making the effort to lose.
    Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo