Tuesday, October 02, 2007

busy weekend

Well, this weekend was very busy. Saturday my one and only son moved into his own place with his girlfriend.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It is a very cute 2 bedroom apartment 10 minutes from my house. I like that. It has been very weird having him as a *guest*. I am sad, but I like his girlfriend a lot, she is very sweet and they seem to care about each other very much. One of my biggest fears was my son finding someone I didn't like. LOL!!

Sunday was my birthday. 42 years old. How did that happen??? I remember when 35 seemed ancient!! I received 2 gift cards, one for Barnes and Noble and one for Joanne's. My 2 favorite places in the world!! Do they know me or what? I thought it would be very adult of me to come up with some goals for next year, something to work towards, but all I can come up with is 2 things: to love your friends and family and let them know you love them. You never know when you will see them for the last time. My other goal is to be happy with myself. I am very hard on myself. I need to relax and savor the small things. In other words, "Don't worry, be happy." (Thanks Denise, I know you inspired this. I love you.)

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday.

    What a good looking couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday!!! don't you just love gift cards.....an excuse to go shoppin'......
    and you're so lucky that it sounds like your son has found someone that loves him...and they look so cute together....
    Have a great weekend....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday!

    They are a cute looking couple!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo