Wednesday, September 26, 2007

still here

Well, I've been on my anti-depressents for a week now. I have noticed the fact that I don't cry all the time, but I'm still listless, don't feel like doing much, hence the *no new blogs*, and still would sleep all day if given the chance. I'm not giving up though, I've been told they need a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks to give the full affect. I'm sure it is not helping that life is moving on. My DS, Joel announced yesterday that he is moving in with his girlfriend this weekend. I will be an empty nester. I knew they were considering it, but thought I had a little bit of time to get used to the idea. I am also not thrilled that there is no ceremony in sight. I'm not really old fashioned, but I do believe in marriage. The *living together* thing is too easy to get out of. No incentive to stick it out if things get rough. Oh well, my opinion was not asked for, so I'll keep it to myself. Now tomorrow I get to go shopping, as the new apartment renters have nothing. And my nothing, I mean NOTHING. I remember the days.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're on antidepressants. It does take a while. Can you find any kind of group for people who are grieving? I'm sure that there has to be some group near you that would help you. You'd see that probably most of what you're experiencing is normal and it will give you strength. I'm sorry your doctor was a jerk.

    Hang in there. Glad you're back and sorry I'm late reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second all of Lori's advice.

    Give it some time and the anti-depressants will begin to do their job.

    I will be in my late 50's before I can be an empty nester.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo