Sunday, June 10, 2007

"Quod me nutrit me destruit"

Who would have thought that I would get inspiration from Angelina Jolie? I have always thought she was a beautiful woman physically, and everyone knows about her charitable work. Today I read an article about her because she has a new movie coming out. In the article they told about a tattoo she has. It says "Quod me nutrit me destriut". It means "What nourishes me also destroys me." OH MY GOD!!!!!!! How appropriate is this quote. What nourishes me also destroys me. If I abuse what is supposed to nourish me, to be fuel for my body to function, it will detroy me.

Diabetes? It will destroy me. High blood pressure? It will destroy me. Cellulitis? It will destroy me. Depression, back pain, pinched nerves? They will destroy me. If I continue to abuse my body this way, I will be destroyed. I am 41 years old. Given my family history, I am a ticking time bomb. I need to get my act together and use food for nourishment not pleasure or love or fulfilment or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...all thoughts and critiques are welcome...xoxoxo